Sunday, March 17, 2013

Dealing with stress


I always thought I could deal with stress, until one day my dentist asked me if I was stressed out. I looked at him strangely and said “You have me lying back in a chair, and you are asking if I am stressed? Am I in the wrong office?”. He laughed loudly then informed me that I was grinding my teeth during my sleep, usually due to stress.  I could always hide my stress, well I guess I can’t now. 
Over the last 9 weeks, as my meals became healthier and my exercise became more frequent, I found I am able to deal with stress better.
Whenever I have the urge to binge I tell myself,..is it worth it to sabotage myself? Will I feel good when I see a gain on the scale because of my actions? It's not worth it.  
I find that exercise really helps calm me down and helps clear my head.
The stress in my life has not decreased, if at most it has increased. I have just learned how to handle it.

No comments:

Post a Comment